Perspectives; Thoughts; Comments; Opinions; Discussions

Posts tagged ‘Racism’

DEAR DEMOCRATS: You Haven’t Changed Since The Days Of SLAVERY – Here’s PROOF


waving flagPublished on December 27, 2016

URL of the original posting site: http://clashdaily.com/2016/12/dear-democrats-havent-changed-since-days-slavery-heres-proof/

Democrats are quick to cry ‘RACISM!’ at every turn. But what does history say about that?

> They lost the Election because of RACISM!

> If you critique Obama’s policies, it’s RACISM!

> If you believe that enforcing the Rule of Law is right, it’s RACISM!

> If you believe that we should secure our borders, it’s RACISM!

> If you think that police officers should be permitted to use force when their lives are in danger, it’s RACISM!

> If you believe that inner-cities should have school choice, it’s RACISM!

> If you’re a Republican, it’s RACISM!

democrats-slavery

The Democrats haven’t changed much, as you can see.

Here’s a ‘Quick’n’Dirty’ History lesson:

– The 1857 Dred Scott case at Supreme Court, where 9 Democrat Justices determined that Scott was not a citizen, but property. Chief Justice Roger Taney said that slaves were, ‘so far inferior … that the Negro might justly and lawfully be reduced to slavery for their own benefit.’democrats-not-republicans

– Dec. 6, 1865. Republicans pushed through the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery. Southern Democrats respond by passing ‘Black Codes’ and ‘Jim Crow Laws’ to essentially re-enslave blacks, institutionalize racism, and deny blacks the right to own firearms. These laws were soundly criticized by Republicans.democrats-not-republicans

– May 10, 1866. Republicans pass the 14th Amendment, extending state citizenship rights to former slaves. 100 % of Democrats opposed it.democrats-not-republicans

– Jan. 8, 1867. Republicans in give freed slaves voting rights in DC, overturning Democrat President Andrew Jackson’s veto. Republicans continue to expand and protect voting rights to freed slaves, again overturning the veto of President Jackson. The impeachment process of Andrew Jackson begins at the initiative of Republicans in 1868.republicans-not-democrats

– Feb. 3, 1870. The 15th Amendment passed, granting voting rights to all men regardless of race. 97% of Democrats opposed it.democrats-not-republicans

– Once the 15th Amendment was passed, Democrats used the KKK and lynchings to intimidate and persecute blacks.democrats-not-republicans

– May 31, 1870. Republican President Grant passed the Enforcement Act imposing harsh penalties for depriving any citizen of their civil rights.republicans-not-democrats

– Feb. 28, 1871. Republicans pass another Enforcement Act granting federal protection for black voters.republicans-not-democrats

– April 20, 1871. Republicans pass the Ku Klux Klan Act, outlawing Democrat-affiliated groups that oppressed blacks.republicans-not-democrats

Democrat President Woodrow Wilson segregated the US Navydemocrats-not-republicans

– During WWII, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower decided to arm African Americans. As a result, in 1952 and 1956, a majority of blacks voted for President Eisenhower.republicans-not-democrats

– 1957 and 1959, President Eisenhower proposed civil rights bills to enforce the 15th Amendment. Hillary’s mentor, Klansman Sen. Robert Byrd and Gov. George Wallace opposed.democrats-not-republicans

– Sen. Byrd also filibustered the Civil Rights Bill for 14h 13mins in 1964democrats-not-republicans

– Democrat Sen. Strom Thurmond said that the Civil Rights Bill was ‘unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason.’democrats-not-republicans

The Bill had 80% Republican support and 61% Democrat supportrepublicans-not-democrats

And on and on it goes…

You can read an awesome full history by Bill Federer at World Net Daily.

One parting thought:

Here’s what the former president of the United States had to say when he eulogized his mentor, an Arkansas senator:

We come to celebrate and give thanks for the remarkable life of J. William Fulbright, a life that changed our country and our world forever and for the better. . . . In the work he did, the words he spoke and the life he lived, Bill Fulbright stood against the 20th century’s most destructive forces and fought to advance its brightest hopes.

So spoke President William J. Clinton in 1995 of a man was among the 99 Democrats in Congress to sign the “Southern Manifesto” in 1956. (Two Republicans also signed it.) The Southern Manifesto declared the signatories’ opposition to the Supreme Court’s decision in Brown v. Board of Education and their commitment to segregation forever. Fulbright was also among those who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That filibuster continued for 83 days…democrats-not-republicans

…What is unforgivable is the way Democrats are still using race to foment hatred. Remember what happened to Trent Lott when he uttered a few dumb words about former segregationist Strom Thurmond? He didn’t get the kind of pass Bill Clinton did when praising Fulbright. Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton told a mostly black audience that “what is happening is a sweeping effort to disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people and young people from one end of our country to another. . . . Today Republicans are systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting.” Leftist Propagandist

She was presumably referring to voter-ID laws, which, by the way, 51 percent of black Americans support.

Racism has an ugly past in the Democratic party. The accusation of racism has an ugly present.
Read more: National Review

It’s been the Democrats not the Republicans that have been against civil rights for African-Americans throughout US History. democrats-not-republicans

Democrats will continue to rewrite History to paint themselves as the ‘Good Guys’. What else do you expect from people that think the Constitution is a ‘living’ Document that can be changed?democrats-not-republicans

Cal State University Brings Back Segregation


waving flagBy Tad Cronn September 7, 2016

“Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them.” — Matthew 7:15-16

Consider this the fruit of Progressivism.

California State University Los Angeles, one of the most liberal campuses in one of the most liberal towns in the most liberal university system in the most liberal state, is instituting racially segregated student housing.

Sixty-two years after the Supreme Court unanimously ruled in Brown v. Board of Education that “separate educational facilities are inherently unequal,” and therefore a violation of the 14th Amendment, Progressives are taking huge steps toward rolling back one of the signature victories of the Civil Rights Movement.

Back in 1963, liberals were still fighting against equal rights for black Americans when Democratic Gov. George Wallace stood in a doorway of the University of Alabama — after having declared in his campaign, “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!” — and tried to block the entrance of students Viviane Malone and James Hood.

George Wallace
FILE – In this June 11, 1963 file photo, Democratic Gov. George Wallace blocks the entrance to the University of Alabama as he turned back a federal officer attempting to enroll two black students at the university campus in Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Library of Congress)

Now, liberals are still standing in the door at Cal State L.A., but this time it’s the door to segregated housing, they’re holding it open and inviting duped young black people to segregate themselves and prove they are not worthy to mingle with non-black students.More Evidence

Oh sure, the liberals behind this grossly offensive, retrograde scheme to take us back to the Progressive Golden Age when whites were whites and blacks sat in the back of the bus have a smooth-talking sales pitch.

But the real joke is black students asked for this themselves.

The Black Student Union gave a list of demands to the university that included a $30 million black student endowment, an anti-discrimination policy that would require “cultural competency training,” compulsory “ethnic studies courses” and segregated housing. The special snowflakes did this because of alleged frequent racist “attacks,” such as racially insensitive remarks and microaggressions by faculty and students.

Many critics over the years have noticed how liberals, while talking a great game about equality, always pursue policies that work to “keep blacks on the plantation,” that is, keep them dependent and Democratic.d-slaves-new-600-ci-1

Liberalism in colleges has apparently worked such a number on the brains of young black people that they have been talked into throwing away something their parents and grandparents worked so hard to achieve, and thinking it’s their own genius idea.

The giveaway is that the university hasn’t complied with all the black students’ demands, but they’ve given them the segregated housing, sold as an affordable “safe space for Black CSLA students to congregate, connect, and learn from each other.”

Yeah, the university’s all over that one, probably using public funds to do it, too.

The Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community, according to one university spokesman, will “focus on academic excellence and learning experiences that are inclusive and non-discriminatory.” Inclusive and non-discriminatory except, you know, for the whole racial segregation thing.

Cal State L.A. isn’t the only institute of higher learning trying to turn back the clocks, either. Last month, it was revealed that a community college in Illinois was providing “blacks-only” sections of a mandatory freshman class.

Racially segregated housing is also available at UC Berkeley (of course), UC Davis and the University of Connecticut, according to The College Fix.

President George W. Bush, in a speech to the NAACP, once talked about the soft bigotry of low expectations. That’s the code the Left lives by, the unspoken (except at cocktail parties) belief that blacks can’t support themselves, rule themselves or make it in the world without the Nanny State.

Black_Lives_Matter_Sign_Minneapolis_ProtestWhen black Americans first began going to the same schools as whites, it was with hope and courage to be able to seize the future and assume their place as proud Americans and pillars of society.

How sad and soiled that dream has become as successive generations have regressed into voluntary slavery through acceptance of cradle-to-grave coddling and the open expression of the racism that has always been implied by the Left’s socialist views.

If I could say one thing to today’s young people entering college, I would say, take a look in the mirror. See that handsome young man or beautiful young lady (because we’re all handsome or beautiful in our way) staring back at you? If you learn nothing else at college, learn this: That person in the mirror is NOT the person Progressives want to be in charge of your life. This is:

hillary-squish

A wealthy, corrupt, lying, mentally ill, old white woman who sees you merely as a means to her enrichment and greater power. And she’s just one of many.

Think about it.

 

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Tad Cronn

Tad Cronn began his journalism career in 1983. While he earned awards for his work as a reporter and editor, his greatest joy is writing news commentary. Providing a conservative and often humorous outlook on current events, he now works as a freelance writer based in California.

WOW: What Hillary Just Said at NAACP Meeting About Cops Will Have You FUMING


waving flagPosted on July 19, 2016

The Hilldebeest is not letting up on the false narrative that cops are involved in systemic racism. Her words will have you fuming with rage. Quite unbelievable.

By Jerome Woehrle

With the fervor of a left-wing ideologue, Hillary Clinton accused America’s police of racism in a speech today to the NAACP, saying that “We need to recognize our privilege,” and end the “systemic racism” that exists in the criminal justice system.

Clinton falsely argued that racism pervades police shootings, saying, “let’s admit it, there is clear evidence that African-Americans are disproportionately killed in police incidents compared to any other group.” Most police shooting victims are white, but it is true that 26% of those shot by police in 2015 were black, compared to 13% of the population. But that higher rate simply reflects the higher crime rate in the black community, and the fact that black suspects are disproportionately likely to pose a risk to police. As the Daily Wire notes, “Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black.” Moreover, a “police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.” This is backed up even by a recent study by a liberal-leaning black Harvard economics professor, Roland G. Fryer. That study, “‘analyzing more than 1,000 officer-involved shootings across the country, reports that there is zero evidence of racial bias in police shootings.”Epidemic of racism

Indeed, as the Manhattan Institute’s Heather Mac Donald notes in the Wall Street Journal, a “‘deadly force’ lab study at Washington State University by researcher Lois James found that participants were biased in favor of black suspects, over white or Hispanic ones, in simulated threat scenarios. The research, published in 2014 in the Journal of Experimental Criminology, confirmed what Ms. James had found previously in studying active police officers, military personnel and the general public.” Nor are white officers more likely to shoot blacks than black and Hispanic officers are. As Mac Donaldnotes, “In 2015 a Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects.” And the risk of violent crime comes disproportionately from blacks. More than half of all murders in America are committed by blacks, who are just 13% of the population. (See FBI, “2014 Uniform Crime Reports: Crime in the United States,” Table 43A, Arrests by Race, 2014.)

Clinton also accused the police of racism in stops and searches, saying that “African-American men are far more likely to be stopped and searched by police.” But as a black lawyer and member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Peter Kirsanow, noted in 2015, the fact that a higher percentage of blacks are stopped by police than whites does not show racial discrimination, since “several studies over the last 20 years (including data adduced before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights) show that black drivers commit various types of traffic offenses – including speeding, driving under suspension, DUI, and running red lights and stop signs – more often than drivers of other races.” While there are individual cases of cops racially-profiling black motorists, most police do not engage in such racial profiling, and the fact that a higher percentage of black motorists are stopped reflects a higher black crime rate, not racial profiling.

Clinton also falsely insinuated that racist school officials were colluding with racist police to put black students in jail, saying that we must “dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline that starts in school and diverts too many African-American kids out of school and into the criminal justice system.” This reflects a misconception, widespread on the Left, that there is institutional racism in school suspensions, which supposedly results in blacks being suspended at a higher rate even though blacks allegedly do not behave worse on average than whites.More Evidence

fight Picture1 true battle In God We Trust freedom combo 2

5 Devastating Facts About Black-on-Black Crime


waving flagby Jerome Hudson, 28 Nov 2015

URL of the original posting site: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/28/5-devastating-facts-black-black-crime/

Where were these Black Lives Matter protesters after the slaying of Chicago’s little Tyshawn Lee, the 9-year-old lured into an alley and shot to death by a black man seeking gang-related vengeance against his father?

Did little Tyshawn’s murder at the hands of a black gangster–an all too common occurrence in Chicago–not warrant wall-to-wall news coverage or Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson-style calls for “justice”?

No.

Why?

Because the ugly truth behind #BlackLivesMatter is that black people killing other black people does nothing to advance its political power in the same way that one white cop killing a black criminal can.  Despite the media’s overindulgence on white cops killing blacks, there is still a far-larger amount of black bodies being sent to morgues by black killers. Here’s five devastating facts, liberals can’t deny, that prove it.qmeme_1468070305588_874

FACT 1. Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968.

According to FBI data, 4,906 black people murdered other blacks in 2010 and 2011. That is 1,460 more black Americans killed by other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968, according to the Tuskegee Institute.

FACT 2. Black People (mostly men) commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime.

In 2012, white males were 38 percent of the population and committed 4,582 murders. That same year, black males were just 6.6 percent of the population but committed a staggering 5,531 murders.

In other words: black people–at just a fifth of the size–committed almost 1,000 more murders than their white counterparts.

The figures above highlight a horrific truth that black racialists and white liberals routinely ignore: Lawbreaking black Americans, young black males particularly, put themselves in close proximity to (mostly white male) police officers at rates sometimes five to 10 times higher than whites. This is a recipe for disaster. Thusly….qmeme_1468071197158_427

FACT 3. Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.

DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black people committed 52% of homicides. In 2013, black criminals committed 38% of the murders. Whites accounted for just 31 percent. There are five times fewer black people than white people in America and, yet, they consistently carry out a larger share of the crimes? Given this rate, it’s no wonder that there aren’t more assistances where cops kill black criminals.

FACT 4. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined.

There have been almost as many deaths in one American city as there have been in the two major wars carried out by the U.S. military this century.

Chicago’s death toll from 2001November, 26 2015 stands at 7,401. The combined total deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815) and Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan (2001-2015: 3,506), total 8,321.Epidemic of racism

FACT 5. It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime data from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012.

Professor Johnson’s research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.

Follow Jerome on Twitter: @jeromeehudson

fight Picture1 true battle Picture1 In God We Trust freedom combo 2

Parents OUTRAGED After 8th-Graders Get This Shockingly Racist, Violent Math Quiz


waving flagBy: John Falkenberg on June 2, 2016

URL of the original posting site: http://conservativetribune.com/parents-outraged-8th-graders/

An Alabama middle school teacher has been suspended for forcing her students to take a wildly racist 10-question quiz. The assessment referred to drive-by shootings, drugs, prostitutes and pimps — to eighth-graders at Burns Middle School in Mobile, according to WPMI in Mobile.

Fortunately, one of her students had the presence of mind to report the incident to his mother, the station reported.

This is the quiz Joanne Bolser distributed to her eighth-graders:

The LA Math Proficiency Test has been circulating - and getting teachers into trouble - since the early 1990s

What did you say 04.jpgThey make a list of basic math questions known as the LA Math Proficiency Test.”

One of which goes as follows.

“Tyrone knocked up four girls in a gang. There are 20 girls in the gang. What is the exact percentage of girls Tyrone knocked up?”

Another one: “Desmond gets $200 for a BMW, $150 for a Corvette, $100 for a 4×4. If he steals one BMW, 2 Corvettes, and 3 4x4s, how many more Corvettes does he need to get to $900?”

Which doesn’t even make sense — the answer would be 2/3 of a Corvette.

The teacher was set to retire this year. If she’s lucky, she will see her retirement, instead of the severe repercussions she deserves.

According to WALA, the students were happy to laugh it off until Bolser told them that they had to finish it and turn it in.

The district was appalled.

“We regret this happened. We have 7,500 employees at Mobile Public Schools and we overwhelmingly have excellent teachers,” said the spokesman. “This is a shame that it’s taking away from their work.”

Middle schools are fertile ground for controversies, whether from the left or from the right, but this is one area where just about everyone should agree the questions were inappropriate. Bolser isn’t the first to give this test. Teachers in California, Texas, New Mexico, and Illinois have all handed out versions of the test, and they were all suspended.

H/T U.K. Daily Mail

Picture1 true battle Picture1 In God We Trust freedom combo 2

White Privilege Conference Blames Christianity for Everything Bad in the World


waving flagBy Guest Columnist April 22, 2016

A lecturer at the 2016 White Privilege Conference (WPC) in Philadelphia, which opened with praise for a cop killer, made the bold claim that almost every dysfunction in society, from racism and sexism to global warming and a weak economy, is united by the ideology of “Christian hegemony.”

Activist and author Paul Kivel may share his name with a great Christian saint and evangelist, but that’s about it. According to Kivel, just about everything bad in the world can be traced to the core ideas of Christianity, which “colonize our mind.” Kivel said,

“In the United States, there’s seven to ten thousand predominantly white, Christian men, who run the major institutions in our society: The corporations, the political parties, the think tanks, the foundations, universities, [and] cultural institutions.”delusional file

Kivel made his case that the United States exists as a “Christian hegemony” by asking attendees to consider a variety of ways Christianity quietly influenced their daily lives, such as by making Sunday exist as the normative “day of rest” and by motivating non-profits ranging from the YMCA to drug rehab programs.

From there, he lateraled to explaining how Christianity provides the ideological underpinning of just about everything toxic in society, aided by a series of clearly homemade posters. On one poster, he showed “Christian hegemony” at the center of a web that included ideas like “racism,” “sexism,” and “ableism.”

Kivel said three problems are particularly severe in the modern world, and all of them are caused or made worse by Christianity. First, he pointed toward wars in the Middle East, which he says are a byproduct of a missionary drive to spread Western ideas and influence in non-Western lands.

Second, he declares Christianity is to blame for a weak economy, as it provides the God-like “invisible hand” that supposedly drives market forces within a flawed capitalist system:

We live in a society in which it is widely believed that there is a just God, and that he rewards those who work hard and are good people, i.e. the job creators … and that he punishes those who are not good people, i.e. who are poor or slothful. The invisible hand is the hand of God.hatred

Third, Kivel associated Christian hegemony with global warming, because under Christianity, mankind has dominion over the Earth, rather than requiring that humans treat the Earth itself as “sacred.”

Kivel also provided a set of Christian ideological beliefs that explained why Christianity could be linked to so much evil. For instance, he said Christian dualism made it too easy to condemn various things as bad and worthy of destruction:

Think about how often during the day we say things are good or bad. It’s a rainy day, so we say it’s bad weather.… There’s nothing inherently good or bad about the weather, or about people.Hate Merchants

But thanks to Christianity, Kivel complained, people keep seeing good and bad in everything and force a “with us or against us” mentality.

Ironically, one quote featured on WPC’s own website is South African bishop Desmond Tutu’s statement that “if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

Kivel also slammed Christianity for having a “hierarchical” view towards love, placing “God over people, men over women, parents over children, white people over people of color,” inevitably creating systems that justify and even glorify oppression.Partyof Deceit Spin and Lies

While he rejects Christianity, Kivel doesn’t reject all spirituality, as he appears to have an affinity for American Indian beliefs, touting them as more respectful of the Earth’s sacredness. He ended the meeting with his own prayer listing his maxims for a good life.

“Value all forms of diversity,” he said. “Recognized multiple truths. Act cooperatively. Don’t proselytize.… Return the land to native peoples.”Leftist Propagandist

Kivel even opened his lecture by asking them to remember that the WPC was taking place on stolen American Indian land that rightfully still belongs to them. In this regard, he was actually mistaken. The WPC takes place in downtown Philadelphia, and Philadelphia’s land was not seized from Indians. Instead, William Penn amicably purchased the land from the Lenape because he wanted to have good relations with native tribes.

This report, by Blake Neff, was cross-posted by arrangement with the Daily Caller News Foundation on LibertyUnyielding.com.

Picture1 true battle Picture1 In God We Trust freedom combo 2

Southern Poverty Law Center – Manufacturing Hate for Fun and Profit


waving flagby James Simpson16 Feb 2016

URL of the original posting site: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/16/southern-poverty-law-center-manufacturing-hate-for-fun-and-profit

The Southern Poverty Law Center, always seeming to hover in the shadows whenever honest citizens and organizations try to stand up for this country, is at it again. In addition to the usual suspects – which includes pretty much anyone who disagrees with the American radical Left – SPLC has been increasingly attacking people and groups who express concern about Islamic terrorism –adding them to SPLC’s infamous “Hate Watch” list.

This now includes the Washington, DC think tank, Center for Security Policy. Widely respected in defense circles, the Center has been warning us for years about the subversive tactics being employed by the Muslim Brotherhood and its proxies to destroy our nation from within. Its veteran analysts from the defense and intelligence community seek to warn the country of the existential threat we now face from Muslim terrorists.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 5.53.33 PM

People all over the world have witnessed the terrorists’ handiwork, and America is now undeniably in the cross hairs. Any organization purporting to defend civil rights would not blame, much less attack, Americans for being alarmed, and would be hard pressed to explain its criticism of the Center for Security Policy.

In fact it is difficult to imagine anyone in their right minds not being alarmed. The chart below uses a list compiled by the Heritage Foundation and traces terror plots in the U.S. since 9/11/01. It is easy to see that the trend has been increasing exponentially and in 2015 went off the charts. What will happen in 2016? Already 3 terror plots have been thwarted and the FBI has over 900 pending ISIS cases in all 50 states. With the attacks in France and America, and the violent Middle East migrant invasion of Europe, how could people not be concerned?

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 5.56.31 PM

against AmericaThe only true haters are the Islamists and SPLC. Americans do not need to justify their concerns over Islamic terror and its political corollary, the body of Islamic law known as shariah. Indeed, shariah is anathema to every freedom we hold dear and threatens to rob us of it before our very eyes.

If there were no reason to be concerned about Islam, it should be a simple matter for American Muslim leaders to reassure America. But instead, they denounce Americans as Islamophobic and the SPLC turns it into a nationwide vilification campaign. In gambling they call this a “tell.” When your political opponent resorts to name calling, it is because he cannot articulate a credible argument against you. So instead of arguing, he intimidates and attacks.

When an organization as prominent and powerful as the SPLC turns its guns on you, it can cost you your job, your livelihood – even your standing in the community. Not because you have done anything wrong. Not because what they say about you is true, but because a focused vilification campaign forces others to avoid you out of fear. You become what they call “radioactive.”

It is a form of psychological attack familiar to the Left. Vladimir Lenin wrote:

We must be ready to employ trickery, deceit, law-breaking, withholding and concealing truth… We can and must write in a language which sows among the masses hate, revulsion, and scorn toward those who disagree with us.Truth The New Hate Speech

Herbert Marcuse, a German Communist scholar of the Marxist Frankfurt School, formalized this notion in a 1965 essay titled Repressive Tolerance; Marcuse argued that the First Amendment was insufficient in addressing the Left’s need to be heard. In racist, imperialist, oppressive America, their message would always be ignored. It wasn’t fair, he argued. Marcuse’s answer was to shut down the opposition:

Liberating tolerance, then, would mean intolerance against movements from the Right and toleration of movements from the Left… Not ‘equal’ but more representation of the Left would be equalization of the prevailing inequality.Partyof Deceit Spin and Lies

While most of us have never heard of Marcuse or his theory, his idea was enthusiastically embraced by the Left. Marcuse himself was an associate of Julian Bond, an SPLC board member from its founding.  Marcuse and Bond were co-founders of the leftwing newspaper In These Times. They both served on the National Conference for New Politics and were involved in other radical activism.

Marcuse’s “Liberating tolerance” found its most practical application in Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, which systematized the tactics of hate, ridicule and vilification to shut down opposing voices. While most leftists have memorized this tactic and we witness it every day in media and politics, I think it is the SPLC’s raison d’être. Alinsky Rules for Radicals

Note that they never attempt to justify their position, because they never could. Their sole purpose is to destroy political opposition. That is why debating the Left is impossible. They are not debating. They are calculating ways to destroy you.

And if you think I exaggerate, perhaps I should quote the SPLC itself, whose spokesman Mark Potok has said, “Sometimes the press will describe us as monitoring hate crimes and so on. I want to say plainly that our aim in life is to destroy these groups, to completely destroy them…” pure socialism

Though trained as a lawyer, SPLC’s founder, Morris Dees, is best known for his fundraising ability. Raising over $24 million for the George McGovern presidential campaign in 1972, his payment was the donor list, the gold mine that provided much of SPLC’s later funding. He also worked on the Jimmy Carter campaign in 1976, adding to SPLC’s donor list. In fact, besides issuing slanderous attacks on political opponents, fundraising seems to be SPLC’s primary objective. So since one of the SPLC’s tools is hate, perhaps we should examine how other liberals view them.

SPLC Co-founder Morris Dees’ business partner, Millard Fuller:

Morris and I, from the first day of our partnership, shared the overriding purpose of making a pile of money. We were not particular about how we did it; we just wanted to be independently rich. During the eight years we worked together, we never wavered in that resolve.

Renowned anti-death-penalty lawyer Millard Farmer [not to be confused with Dees’ partner, Millard Fuller]:

[Dees is] the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker of the civil rights movement, though I don’t mean to malign Jim and Tammy Faye.

Nation Magazine’s Alexander Cockburn:

Ever since 1971, U.S. Postal Service mailbags have bulged with his fundraising letters, scaring dollars out of the pockets of trembling liberals aghast at his lurid depictions of hate-sodden America, in dire need of legal confrontation by the SPLC.Hate Merchants

Harpers Magazine:

Today, the SPLC spends most of its time – and money – on a relentless fund-raising campaign, peddling memberships in the church of tolerance with all the zeal of a circuit rider passing the collection plate.

Noting an Arlington, Virginia reader’s question about contributing to the SPLC in the federal government’s Combined Federal Campaign, an editorial in The Fairfax Journal concluded:

… give your hard-earned dollars to a real charity, not a bunch of slick, parasitic hucksters who live high on the hog by raising money on behalf of needy people who never see a dime of it. Lies Lies and More Lies

Stephen Bright, President of the Southern Center for Human Rights:

The positive contributions Dees has made to justice – most undertaken based upon calculations as to their publicity and fundraising potential – are far overshadowed by what Harper’s described as his “flagrantly misleading” solicitations for money. He has raised millions upon millions of dollars with various schemes, never mentioning that he does not need the money because he has $175 million and two “poverty palace” buildings in Montgomery. He has taken advantage of naive, well-meaning people – some of moderate or low incomes – who believe his pitches and give to his $175-million operation. He has spent most of what they have sent him to raise still more millions, pay high salaries, and promote himself.

Making money does seem to remain SPLC’s primary preoccupation. SPLC raked in $54.4 million in FY 2014, according to its most recent IRS filing, with net assets topping out at an incredible $314.7 million. Some of SPLC’s assets are stashed away in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and Bangladesh of all places. Nobody knows how much or why they do that but it is beyond the reach of law enforcement.

Of its $42.4 million 2014 expenditures, 40.6 percent was devoted to salaries. Morris Dees himself still takes a compensation package of almost $365,000 per year. Also noteworthy is the fact that Development Director Wendy Via makes more ($202,426), than SPLC’s general counsel and former CEO Joseph Levin, ($196,446). Not surprising since 22.8 percent ($9,674,637), of total expenses go for fundraising.

Despite its vaunted donor list, SPLC has received millions from literally hundreds of foundations over the years.  The following table lists SPLC’s top ten donors between 2000 and 2014.  The Picower Foundation provided the most. Founder Jeffrey Picower made $5 billion from the Bernie Madoff scam. Friends with Madoff for 30 years, he made more than Madoff himself. The Picower estate settled a suit for $7.2 billion to compensate victims. Don’t look for SPLC to return any of their millions however.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 5.57.53 PM

SPLC’s Montgomery, Alabama headquarters, an imposing testimonial to Stalinist architecture jokingly called the “Poverty Palace” has been described variously as “a high-rise trailer,” “the Fuhrer bunker,” and “a small-scaled Death Star,” Blogger Steve Sailor states:

The Southern Poverty Law Center has worked tirelessly to eradicate the last vestiges of poverty, Southern or otherwise, in the lifestyle of founder Morris Dees…by smearing people like Dick Lamm, three-times Democratic governor of Colorado. Some of the moolah raised from the affluent saps Dees has terrified has gone into building this expensive but godawful-looking headquarters building in Montgomery, Alabama…Yes, I know it looks like a high-rise trailer, but, trust me, it cost a lot of money to build something that ugly.

Social critic James Kunstler called it:

…a “building” designed to look like a small-scaled Death Star, all black reflective glass, canted concrete and steel walls…

In a singular display of pettiness, SPLC’s Levin, CEO at the time, felt the need to respond to Kunstler’s criticism. Kunstler gave it right back:

You say, “…I was CEO when the building was designed and constructed and lived with that process for almost three years.”

Well, you got hosed. You bought the Emperor’s New Clothes… you put up a building that is a horror, and I’m glad that I said so in public. Now I am only sorry that I did not know you were responsible for the building, or that you were in the audience, because I would have singled you out for opprobrium…

The issue is what you did on the site you chose. (And by the way, in case you wonder, I am a registered Democrat and a New York Jew, not a conservative.) You put up a building that looks like the Fuhrer Bunker. It dishonors the site and it even dishonors your mission of social justice. The design of the building makes social justice appear despotic.

And despotic seems to aptly describe SPLC’s entire approach. SPLC made its bones suing the Ku Klux Klan into penury. Nobody can fault them for that. But then, wrapped in the mantle of “social justice”, SPLC grabbed a place of honor among the civil rights legends, all the while turning its notoriety into a cause célèbre for a massive, non-stop fundraising drive. It must ever grow its list of what it defines as “extremist” to shake down terrified donors for more funds. If it ever had noble motives, SPLC has certainly lost its way. Next time you read something, anything from the SPLC, understand what they are really about: fomenting hate and making money. Consider the source.

James Simpson is an economist, former White House budget analyst, businessman and investigative journalist. Follow Jim on Twitter & Facebook.

Tree of Liberty 03 Freedom is never free Picture1 In God We Trust freedom combo 2

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: