Mother Nature can be a fickle mistress.
Even the best-laid plans are at the mercy of everyday elements like wind and rain.
On Saturday, President Donald Trump and his administration were preparing to welcome approximately 180 bikers, consisting of veterans, police officers and members of the “Bikers For Trump” New Jersey chapter for a meet and greet event.
The event was set to take place at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, where Trump is currently on a “working vacation.”
Unsurprisingly, it’s a gorgeous golf club.
Well, it’s normally gorgeous — not so much when there’s a torrential downpour.
Unfortunately for all of the event’s many attendees, the event was rained out.
Instead, Trump went above and beyond for his supporters in a way that even his most hardened detractors would struggle to nitpick.
Trump’s certainly not above reproach, but nobody will ever critique him for not caring deeply for his most die-hard supporters.
Without hesitating, Trump invited everyone inside his luxurious golf club which is a pretty big improvement from a simple outdoors photo-op.
Trump greeted many of the guests personally, shook hands, signed autographs and took photos.
It all seemed like controlled chaos in the ballroom at his golf club, which is fitting, considering that’s an apt description for the whirlwind first half of his presidential term.
Eventually, the event moved outside when the weather cleared up a bit, and Trump provided even more photo-ops despite his already generous gesture to move everyone inside.
Remember when Obama took the National Prayer Breakfast as an opportunity to rage against Crusades and Inquisitions?
And if you think Obama had a point in suggesting the Crusades were evidence that Christianity was ‘mean to Muslims’ it’s possible you’ve forgotten a few of history’s actual details, seen here:
With Iran’s attitudes towards Christianity, no WONDER he liked Iran so much.
Strange, isn’t it, that these original arrests were during Obama’s super-amazing negotiations with Iran? And that those charges never came up?
“Getting information on the arrests of Christians is incredibly challenging given the heavily censored nature of Iran,” King said. “But based on the cases we have been tracking, this is the first time this year that we’ve seen a jail sentence being given based on the charge of ‘inclination to the land of Christianity.’ This could be interpreted as a reference to Israel, the birthplace of Christianity and also a country that Iran has adopted a very aggressive stance towards.”
While Christianity is legally recognized in the Islamic Republic, the US State Department has classified Iran as a “country of particular concern” under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 “for having engaged in or tolerated particularly severe violations of religious freedom.”
[…] “Iran does not discriminate against or persecute any recognized religious minority,” said Alireza Miryousefi, head of press for the Iranian Mission to the UN. “Including the large Christian community inside Iran, who are free to worship in the many churches that can be found across Iran. In fact, as is the case with Iranian Jews, Iranian Christians are constitutionally guaranteed parliamentary representation. Major cities such as Tehran and Isfahan are home to large Christian communities with centuries-old churches.”
Source: Jerusalem Post
Hey guys, should we believe Miryousefi?
Yeah. That’s what we thought, too.
What’s behind this?
Jeff King, president of the Washington D.C.-based International Christian Concern, told FoxNews.com: “Iran’s regime is under a great amount of pressure right now.
“Poor economic conditions combined with the harshness of their Islamic rule has led to massive unrest that has defined the country for months.
“There are many reports that this has contributed to the government’s ever-increasing dependence on hardline Islamic ayatollahs, who naturally see Christianity as a threat to their power. For this reason, it’s not surprising that we’re seeing an increase in Christian persecution.”
Either way, it wouldn’t be the first time Obama praised an oppressive regime for their great ‘tolerance’.
Remember Indionesia, where he spent some of his childhood?
Speaking before thousands in the city that helped raise him, President Obama on Wednesday cited this country’s transition from dictatorship to democracy as a model in an Islamic world often governed by unelected autocracies.
He also praised Indonesia – the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation – for a “spirit of tolerance that is written into your constitution, symbolized in your mosques and churches and temples, and embodied in your people,” a quality worthy for all the world to emulate.
Like Bernie Sanders’ praise of Venezuela, Obama’s praise of Indionesia’s great ‘tolerance’ did not age well.
Jakarta’s Christian governor has been sentenced to two years in jail for blasphemy, a harsher-than-expected ruling critics fear will embolden hardline Islamist forces to challenge secularism in Indonesia, the world’s largest Muslim-majority nation.
• Chelsea Clinton Headlines Pro-Abortion Rally Opposing Brett Kavanaugh
• World Grieved Over Orca Whale’s Dead Calf, But Doesn’t Shed a Tear for Babies Killed in Abortions
• Abortionist Coaches Baseball Team Playing in Little League World Series
• The Amazing Pro-Life Story Behind the Life of Apple Founder Steve Jobs
More Pro-Life News
• Doctors Said He Would Only Live Minutes After Birth and Pushed Abortion, Now He’s Almost 4
• Jurassic World Actor Chris Pratt Tells Teens: “I Love God, You Should Too”
• Pro-Life Group Kicked of Out County Fair Because of “Inappropriate” Fetal Models Files Lawsuit
• Brett Kavanaugh Can be Trusted to Protect First Amendment Rights of Pro-Life Christians
• Scroll Down for Several More Pro-Life News Stories
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event? Don’t have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing several thousand dollars? Contact email@example.com about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
Daily Pro-Life News Report
Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
Receive a free twice-weekly email report with the latest pro-life news headlines on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
Comments or questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2003-2018 LifeNews.com. All rights reserved.
They’re brave when they can lurk in a crowd, chuck bricks torch buildings and wear a nifty black mask. But let their faces see the light of day, and they’re revealed as the sniveling cowards they are.
Too bad, little tinkerpots, police don’t ask your permission to take a mug shot. You wanted to be the center of attention? Congrats! Now you are. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
Here is your clown-car load of ‘activists’ that got rounded up over the weekend. This particular batch is from — that celebrated fountainhead of free speech — Berkley. Sad, I know. But it’s true. Berkley was actually the hotbed of free speech… once. Now it’s a hotbed of pseudo-fascistic censorship.
They crashed a ‘no Marxism at Berkeley’ rally (run by conservatives, obviously), and these dopey goons came in and broke up the party.
Before the rally, the city issued broad rules prohibiting “weapons” in the area and “anything … that can be used for a ‘riot’.” Officials also banned protesters from wearing masks. As usual, though, the Antifa failed to follow these rules, and thus, many of them were arrested.
Let’s meet the gang, so to speak.
- Jason Wallach, 41-year-old male from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Kate Brenner, 69-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Kristen Edith Koster, 50-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a dangerous weapon.
- Maria Lewis, 29-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with carrying a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
- Thomas Parker, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with working with others to commit a crime
- Caitlin Boyle, 27-year-old female from Oakland, charged with working with others to commit a crime.
- Blake Griffith, 29-year-old male from Oakland, charged with vandalism.
- Sarena Perez, 39-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- David Chou, 26-year-old male from Santa Cruz, charged with possession of a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
- Freddy Martinez, 31-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with battery.
- Ericka Sokolower-Shain, 28-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Javier Cruz-O’Connell, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Jamie Hill, 30-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Bella Podolsky, 27-year-old female from San Francisco, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
- Andres Gonzalez, 35-year-old male from Oakland, charged with five counts of carrying a banned weapon.
- Jeffrey Garten, 28-year-old male, from Oakland, charged with a single count of carrying a banned weapon.
Maybe, if you don’t want the world to know you’re an idiot… you could make a decision not to hang out with morons wearing masks and committing felonies.
You could still BE an idiot, but the world wouldn’t know it.
About the author, Wes Walker:
Wes Walker is the author of “Blueprint For a Government that Doesn’t Suck”. He has been lighting up Clashdaily.com since its inception in July of 2012. Follow on twitter: @Republicanuck View all articles by Wes Walker
About that ‘politically divisive’ discourse? It was impossible to ignore this enormous pro-violence banner. Unless you were willfully blind to it.
There was a GREAT BIG BANNER telling all the world what their true feelings are. The brick-chucking, bike-lock-swinging punks unveiled a new slogan. In case you needed help figuring out who has the real violent intent, here.
Don’t worry. Leftist reporters were on the scene. Here’s The Daily Beast’s coverage. They saw the sign and even included video with it in their article…
What was their big takeaway? Was the incitement to murder banner any big deal?
If their photo essay is any clue, not at all.
Let’s have another look:
Here’s the kind of police presence that needs to be on hand whenever Antifa comes to the party.
At least some credit goes to Garrett Haake from MSNBC for being honest about what he saw:
At least he acknowledged the sign, even if the photo was, as it were, ‘submitted without comment’.
So, what does the political climate look like today? People have been harassed or assaulted. Journalists and cops were roughed up by the leftist rioters.
We’ve even seen assassination attempts. Scalise, you know about. Did you hear reporting about the mass shooting they disrupted a few months ago? One would-be gunman faces charges for plans to hit up a Trump Rally and murder the President.
All of this by political activists who think they’re doing society a favor in the process.
When will the Media(D) stop running interference for their ideological buddies, and start calling them out for their bad behavior? What possible excuse might the Media(D) have for having nothing critical to say about one American threatening to murder another?