Gen 2:18-24; 18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”
24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (NIV)
After creation, the Triune God made a human man after their own image (that image is explained by Jesus in John 4). In order to prove to that man that there was no animal in all of creation suitable for fellowship, and procreation, God made “woman”, the female form of the human man. Thus, the Marriage Covenant was established; One man, one woman, one flesh.
“One flesh” means more than the marriage-bed sexual relationship between the united couple. Its meaning is a joining of two entities formed into one new being. That is why in Genesis 5:1 God called THEM “man”. One united couple commanded to populate the earth. The purpose for this deliberate designed union is explained in Malachi 2:15;
“Has not [the LORD] made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.” (NIV)
Repeatedly we have witnesses of scripture of God’s condemnation of same sex sexual acts, both in the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament. God is absolutely consistent. Likewise is His judgment on a man and woman having sexual relations outside of marriage is sin. God’s deliberate design was, and remains; one man with one woman in covenant union to raise Godly children for the glory of the Kingdom of God.
When I was in high school there was a saying going around from part of my generation who ultimately became the hippies (who are in legislatures today). That saying was, “don’t shove your morals down my throat”. Those same people are doing just that to the American people with their war on the marriage covenant. The homosexual activist are so desperate to sooth their conscious with their activism to force the “straight” citizens of America to accept their chosen lifestyle as normal, and force the State to give them the same protection of heterosexual marriage. They want to force you and I to change our scriptural position that homosexuality is wrong. They have gone so far as to invade our public schools with materials designed to teach children that their chosen lifestyle is normal and should be explored. Nothing forced upon a people can be a good thing for that society.
No, it is not right to persecute homosexuals for their chosen lifestyle. All “bullying” efforts are wrong as well as any condemnation. I have had the privilege of knowing and working with several different people who practiced the homosexual lifestyle. One of them was one of my closest friends, and I miss him very much. He was a great mentor and I learned volumes from his experience and wisdom. I knew about his lifestyle choices and he knew mine. We never made it an issue, and I never condemned him or made him feel uncomfortable. He passed away several years ago. With all the others I have known and worked with, the issue was never discussed, nor did it affect our relationship. Respect demands acceptance of anyone’s chosen lifestyle that has no negative affect on humanity.
All this uproar over same sex marriage has produced division and discord in our society. Nothing good can really come out of all this, nor will the issue be settled on both sides. Any compromise will not be accepted, nor will it render any respect for anyone. The strife established can only bring about a bad result. Let us discuss several issues that pertain to this argument;
- The Federal government has no business even discussing this subject of same sex marriage. The First Amendment to the Constitution restricts them from forcing this definition upon the Church. Each religious institution has the First Amendment right to determine what is acceptable marriage unions. The States have establish laws that recognize, as lawful, marriage unions, including those from other States, or Countries. The Federal Government is not included in any of those decisions.
- What good is it for voters to vote on propositions/referendums if groups that don’t like the outcome of the vote and use their co-conspirators (the Federal Courts) to overturn the will of the people, nullifying those votes? Has it not it been the cry of the Left concerning “voter nullification”? Yet they demonstrate their Socialist ideology by using the courts to get their way and ignore the true will of the people.
- I have heard many people say, “Why should I vote when the other side will just get their way through the courts”?
- b. Why do we have a Representative Republic if in fact our votes do not count?
- c. Are we already living in a Marxist/Socialist society with the voting is just a sham to make us think our voice still means anything?
- Multiple politicians have rushed to the microphones of their media partners proclaiming their support of same sex marriage. Using the insidiousness of emotional blackmail, they pull at the heartstrings of middle-of-the-road ignorant voters hoping to get them to keep them in power. These tactics tell you everything about their true intentions.
- The Church (Catholic and Evangelical) is being demeaned and persecuted for taking God at His Word and trying to live out that Word;
- Because I do not agree with someone else’s perspective does not make me a hater, nor have I ceased to love people. A Biblical foundation is the ability to love people while hating what they do. For example;
i. Can you love the alcoholic and hate their alcoholism? Yes.
ii. Can you love the addict and hate their addiction? Yes.
iii. Can you love the grumpy while hating their grumpy attitude? Yes.
iv. Can you love a homosexual while hating their choice of the homosexual lifestyle? YES!
- Loving people never means having to agree with all they stand for and believe. Neither does your disagreement make you a homophobe, hater, racist or any other kind of hateful label hung on such people who disagree. A healthy society allows for differing points of view, and does not support anyone forcing others to believe their way.
- Christian witnessing has never been by force, as did Mohammad. Any groups of people claiming to be Christian and apply undue force on the populace to believe their way are misrepresentatives of God, and unacceptable by any healthy society.
I have been a student of the Word of God for over 40 years. I do not now, nor have I ever claimed to be some kind of expert. I am still learning. I do know what God’s Word says, and according to 2nd Peter 1, the Word of God is not subject to any private interpretation. In fact, I have learned that the Word of God explains itself and does not need any human to explain. Here are some facts from scripture;
- God has condemned the practice of homosexuality PERIOD.
- Lev 18:22; “‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.” (NIV )
- Lev 20:13; “‘If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.” (NIV)
- Rom 1:18-32; 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. (NIV)
- We have two historical accounts of societies that allowed homosexuality to become the norm. The shame was gone, no laws to restrict their practice and society in general let them practice their lifestyle choice openly. Both societies ended up the same; destroyed.
The first is found in Genesis Chapter 19 and the second is detailed in Judges Chapters 19 & 20. In both cities, Sodom and Gibeah, the men of the city attacked the door of the houses because they wanted to have sex with the male visitors that arrived and was going to spend the night under the private roof of the host. In Sodom, the Angels had to pull Lot back in the house and blind the men so they could escape. In Gibeah, the Levite visitor gave them his concubine who gang raped her all night, causing her death. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with brimstone and fire. In Gibaeh God caused all of Israel to attack Gibeah because they refused to give up the homosexuals that murdered the woman by gang rape.
This has been the fate of any society that has allowed objectionable conduct to go unchecked, where God has been removed from their lives and the liberal thinking has created an environment that caused the people to say that good (righteousness) was evil, and that evil was good.
The entire subject of marriage does not belong with the Federal Government, and really, it does not belong under any State Government. History tells us about the uproar and objections produced when States decided to get into the marriage business by requiring marriage licenses. The debate was whether or not the State had any business in regulating the sacred bonds of marriage by raising revenue through marriage license. Debating what constitutes marriage and who should be allowed to engage is a subject our founding Fathers never imagined would ever occur. This national debate, and taking up the Supreme Courts time has been the results of the homosexual lobby forcing their chosen lifestyle down the throats of every American. It is not about equality. It is about their determination to force our society to accept their lifestyle as normal and not objectionable. It is a fight for the freedom of Christians, and others, to believe what we know to be acceptable behavior, and to reject what we believe to be abhorrent behavior. Notice that they have not made any attempts to get any of the Islam nations to make the same, forced, acceptance?
Those that scream the most about separation of Church and State are the ones that are determined to remove our free speech, and create laws that they define as hate speech. Such gagging of Christian Americans voices is in itself an abomination, and constitutionally wrong.
California and other States have caved in to provide same sex union contracts that offer most of the same privileges as married couples. That is not good enough for the homosexual lobby. They want to force us (socialism tactics) to accept what we know to be wrong, against God’s perfect will, against His creation and by all historical records, abhorrent to all societies. Furthermore, they hang demeaning labels on anyone who disagree with them and their allies (the entire political Left).
Stop the madness. Leave the sacred institution of marriage alone. You choose to be a homosexual, fine, but stop shoving it down my throat and stop teaching our children that your chooses are normal. I have never condoned prejudice, nor will I. I work hard at loving people and showing respect. In a quality society, such respect should be the norm, and any disagreement accepted.
As a nation we are in desperate need of revival;
- Common respect for everyone, especially those that disagree with us,
- and a revival of setting aside our differences so we can focus as a nation on ridding ourselves of our national debt,
- reducing and eliminating entitlements,
- and getting Americans back to work.
“Heavenly Father, in the mighty Name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, we join in prayer seeking Your Face, admitting we are sinners in need of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. We repent of our sins, and make the deliberate choice to turn from our wicked ways. We choose to serve You by Your Word and live lives acceptable to You. Please heal our land. Please restore the nation you created for Yourself for the spreading of the Gospel around the world. Thank You for hearing our prayer and healing our land. In Jesus Name, Amen.”