More disturbing news today.
- A Congressman claimed Conservatives, especially the Tea Party, want to hang men like him (or was he referring to his race and the coalition he represents?).
- There are some that want to classify “Ugly People” as a special class entitled to special treatment.
- Two children are suing their mother, claiming her unfit, because she only sent them a card for their birthdays, and she didn’t include gifts.
- President Obama wants to have his national (and international) jobs program proposal Special Presentation next Wednesday Evening during the Republican Debate. He claims it was not planned that day. Said he wanted to do it Thursday evening, but that’s the Season opener of the NFL.
- More serious flood recovery and there are some in Washington playing politics with the situation.
- The anger of the Left is getting more and more vicious. The verbiage used in their blogs and opinions sounds more and more confrontational, and not welcoming in a discussion.
- The Right and Left rhetoric is getting more and more nasty. The Left is pulling out all their big guns;
- Class warfare; The rich are to blame and they are the only people the Republicans care about.
- Conservatives only care about money and those that make money.
- Conservatives want to take away Social Security and Welfare leaving grandma to struggle for herself.
- Conservatives hate
- people of color,
- “gay” people (can’t afford a lawsuit),
- people’s right to work,
- poor people,
- endangered animals,
- puppy dogs
- apple pie.
- Conservatives want to create a theocracy and do away with our Constitution.
- Yada, yada, yada, yada.
- I discovered a new “hurt” in my right foot. Well, that’s disturbing me.
Is the Left trying to pick a fight that goes beyond typical politics? Are they trying harder than ever to get their followers to riot? Their discourse says so, as well as their posture. Where are we heading? Are the drums we are hearing the drums of a culture war? Is the Left feeding the drums?
You know when your really fed up with the politician rhetoric when candidates like Ron Paul and Herman Cain look real good. We’ve become so starved for someone honest enough to answer a question directly without going of on their own “speaking-points”. Just when you think you’ve found that person (Michelle are you listening), there they go off on their on tangent ignoring the question.
Jesus made a great point when He is quoted as saying in John 3 that men love darkness more than light because the light exposes their corruption and they’d rather die there than ever admit that they were wrong about anything. The problem has become, that they are dragging America in with the while those that are supposed to be the Light allow it to progress. I’m ready to declare a stop to such destruction. Enough is enough.
I suggest the following;
Right or left, anyone who refuses to answer a question directly cannot be allowed to serve in any political office. You’re dishonest now, you’ll always be dishonest.
Let’s vote GOD’S WILL every election from here on. That will require hours of prayer and fasting, making sure we understand what each candidate actually stands for, and has said, weed out all the rhetoric and listen to the Holy Spirit as we get out and vote.
Each of us must be responsible for vetting each candidate. That will require a lot of research, prayer and fasting and a determination
No voting can take place until each of us has prayed through to God’s answers. No excuses accepted.
If at all possible, let’s send people like us to Washington who are NOT politicians but people who will get the job done, expose the corruption and do what is righteous before God.
I’m sure you can add to the list. I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback.
Are you as worn out as I am over all the “talk” about the Nation’s debt? There is enough blame to go around, and yes neither party is ready for real change, just more posturing for the 2012 elections. Meanwhile families and people continue to suffer, more people are evicted from their homes, more unemployment, a reduction in our Credit Rating, and Congress continues ON VACATION. Am I the only one that sees something wrong?
I’m tired of hearing politicians saying that we are a democracy, because that is what they want us to be. In fact, we are, and always have been a Representative Republic. Although after all the mess from the last few weeks, it’s more like we are a MIS-Representative Republic. No one seems to be in Congress to represent ALL the people in their districts, but only the ones they want to represent. To every other person in that District, that Senator or Congressman is a MIS-representative.
Let’s use real history, unedited, unrevised and non-misrepresented;
- Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party. Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for FY 2008 & FY 2009 as well as FY 2010 & FY 2011. (FY=fiscal year)
- In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.
- For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.
- And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009. Let’s remember what the deficits looked like during that period: (below)
- The Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, including Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.
- If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.
Honest Congressional Representatives will admit they know where the money can be found. Most of it is sitting in Banks drawing interest for companies as small as a two-man shop, to large corporations. That money will pay taxes and compensate the entitlements. Yet it will continue to set there until those companies are assured they will get a return on that money with hiring employees and not get put under with taxes and regulations. Our economy will get healthy real fast as soon as they can begin putting people back to work. Congress has been given the simple method to do it, they actually have the answer, but vacation is more important.
Are you angry enough to actually start doing something? If so, then write those letters; send those emails, attend the Town Hall Meetings. Lift your voice and don’t let anyone make it silent.