Posted by GirlsJustWannaHaveGuns.com | July 19, 2017
The handcuffs have come off for ICE agents, now that President Obama is out of office, and they’re ready for business. Acting ICE director, Thomas Homan, has revealed new plans to target sanctuary cities, which includes the hiring of 10,000 more agents.
Homan said during an interview with the Washington Examiner said that he views sanctuary cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City and Chicago as “ludicrous” and plans to direct the extra agents to those areas.
“In the America I grew up in, cities didn’t shield people who violated the law,” he said.
Homan blasted state and local authorities who do not cooperate with ICE’s efforts to deport illegal immigrants after they’re arrested. He said the strategy makes it more dangerous for ICE agents, who then must try to track down the suspects on the streets.
He said ICE will continue to place the higher priority on criminal aliens and those who represent a threat to the community.
Speaking to Neil Cavuto last week, Homan said those who cross the border illegally can no longer assume no one is looking for them.
“[President Trump] basically told [us] you can now do your job, you will enforce laws on your books. There’s no population of alien that’s off the table anymore and we’ve been waiting on that for a decade now,” said Homan.
Meantime, engineers have begun drilling and taking soil samples in preparation for construction of President Trump’s promised border wall in southwestern states.
The Department of Homeland Security is focusing on the San Diego area and the Rio Grande Valley as the highest priority areas for the wall.
Does this news make you hopeful for America’s future?