Posted by GirlsJustWannaHaveGuns.com | on August 31, 2017
Another bad Obama policy has been defeated by the Trump administration and it’s going to do America a world of good!
President Trump’s team has moved ahead to restore the work requirements for welfare under the program Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
The Office of Family Assistance, which operates under the Department of Health and Human Services, published a memorandum to states. They were made aware of the restored work requirements, which rescinds a loophole created by the Obama-admin that allowed states to request a wavier.
That policy had been operating since 2012. Almost five years of unaccounted for free-loaders. No wonder our economy was in such a bad state.
“Re-emphasizing the work requirements in the welfare program means once again promoting gainful employment and economic independence as goals for every family,” said Acting Assistant Secretary for Children and Families Steven Wagner in a statement. “The waiver option offered by the Obama administration is being replaced today by an expectation that work should always be encouraged as a condition for receiving welfare.”
Republicans famously passed work requirements for welfare recipients during the Clinton administration, but the Obama administration wanted to loosen them for individual states.
According to a release from the HHS, Ohio was the only state that applied for a waiver, which was never granted by the Obama administration. The state was informed today that their request was denied.
“Our agency is committed to helping low-income families transition from welfare to work,” said Office of Family Assistance Director Clarence Carter. “We cannot achieve the goal of self-sufficiency if meaningful work participation is divorced from welfare cash assistance.”