They’ve gone so far that they’ve not become the mafia in Louisville, KY. I mean this very literally and without exaggeration. They are demanding businesses give them money in order for their protection.
Here is what they’re demanding:
1. Businesses will adequately represent the black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% black staff (including management) in front of house positions, and maintain commitment and accountability to increasing that number (accountability roundtable information below).
2. Retail locations will include a minimum of 23% inventory of black retailers OR make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to black local organizations.
3. Business owners will require diversity, equity, & inclusion training for their staffs, to be conducted by any one of the black women leaders on the attached list. Training will be conducted thereafter on a bi-annual basis.
4. Customize your own OR display one of the attached written statements in a viable location within your business to increase awareness and show support for the reparations movement.
5. Non-profits in NuLu district will submit to a voluntary, external audit of their board of trustees and take necessary steps towards 23% representation on those boards.
6. Business owners & non-profit leaders will participate in quarterly roundtable discussions to be held accountable for their communities to these demands, and work together towards increased equity.
7. Maintain adequate black representation in any entertainment and performances booked at your business.
8. Dress code policies inherently discriminate against black folks, women, and the transgender community. You must eliminate dress code policies that promote profiling towards patrons and employees, including their hair requirements or stipulations, which can disproportionately target black folks.
9. 23% black representation on the board of the NuLu Business Association.
The Daily Wire