Some states that were not impacted as hard as others may open up quicker than others that were ravaged like New York. Governor Andrew Cuomo has already announced that he’s extending things until next month as have a few other governors already.
Here is a summation of what the plan for “opening up America” entails:
- All vulnerable people should shelter in place.
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10.
- Non-essential travel should be minimized.
- Working from home where possible.
- Schools and youth activities remain closed.
- Large public venues such as movie theaters, restaurants, sporting venues and places of worship can operate under strict social distancing rules.
- Elective surgeries can resume.
- Gyms can reopen if they stick to strict social distancing.
- Non-essential travel can resume.
- Schools and youth activities can reopen.
- All vulnerable people should continue to shelter in place.
- Gatherings of more than 50 people should be avoided.
- People are encouraged to work from home.
- Large venues can operate under moderate social distancing rules.
- Bars may operate with diminished standing room occupancy.
- Vulnerable people can resume public interactions, but should practice social distancing.
- Visits to senior care facilities and hospitals can resume.
- Employers can resume unrestricted staffing at work sites.
- Low-risk populations should consider minimizing time spent in crowded places.
- Large venues can operate under limited social distancing rules.
- Bars may operate with increased standing room.