Elijah Schaffer of BlazeTV documented the protests breaking out in Washington, D.C., where thousands were protesting mostly against President Donald Trump.
Schaffer documented what appeared to be Antifa members accosting members of the media, including Schaffer.
Schaffer was also forced to evacuate and seek a safe position after hearing from a liberal journalist that Antifa members were seeking to do him harm.
Schaffer indicated in a second tweet that he was making use of security provided by TheBlaze.
Protesters apparently lit an American flag on fire just blocks away from the White House.
In another tense scene caught on social media, a protester confronts a man carrying an American flag and demands that he put it away.
Nine protesters were arrested by police in Seattle during a protest that included hundreds of people. They were charged with assault on an officer and other charges related to destruction of property. Protesters said that they would continue to protest regardless of the results of the presidential election.
Protests in Los Angeles also appeared to be headed toward violence when the police department took action and issued a dispersal order after declaring the protest an unlawful assembly.
The LAPD detained some individuals who were wearing kneepads or helmets, but they did not indicate if any had been arrested.
Protesters ostensibly against police brutality also used U-Haul trucks in order to block traffic in major streets in San Jose, California.
Here’s video from Reuters about the protests in Washington, D.C.:
- VIDEO: Rioter hits Seattle cop in back of head with metal baseball … ›
- Facebook removing posts supporting Kyle Rittenhouse. Company … ›
- Mainstream media blackout 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant murder … ›
- Protester shoots 60-year-old driver whose SUV is blocked by mob of … ›
- Louisville police and National Guard kill one man after being shot at … ›
- New video shows cops dragging George Floyd out of vehicle; chaos … ›