Written by Staff Writer | June 30, 2020
A senior executive, JB Neiman of a Texas-based company, Complete Care that operates 13 emergency clinics in Texas bravely went on the record with Alex Berenson a former New York Times journalist. By going on the record the man is definitely making his company a target. Nevertheless, Neiman is frustrated over the fear-mongering coming from the media and wanted to come forward and share what he is seeing.
He told Berenson, “I wanted people to hear this story as opposed to the mainstream reporting. However, I am sensitive about putting a target on myself or my company for conveying the information.”
What’s really sad is this man is afraid, to tell the truth because he’s worried about pushback.
Neiman continues to explain how many people his group has tested since last Thursday:
“In June, we tested over 2231 patients with a positive rate now close to 20% (was 4%-6% positive in May). Vast majority of the cases are mild to very mild symptoms. Average age of the people getting tested is mid-30s. Very different patient (in terms of age) then we’ve seen before June. Most of these patients would not have met the strict criteria that we previously had (and all health facilities had) for COVID testing. Now with more testing kits we are able to test a broader group of patients.”
In other words, the people coming in to be tested now would have been turned away due to the limited amount of testing kits back in April because their symptoms weren’t severe enough.
He went on to explain that they’ve had very few hospital transfers because of the coronavirus and that those transported to the hospital are typically only there for 2-3 days. He explained they are treated with a steroid shot and antibiotics which seem to clear things up.
JB then explains that they are coming to the ER because their employer advises them to get tested after having a sneeze or a cough. The other half who develop mild symptoms “just want to know” (which is very responsible, if one is positive then they know to stay away from people at risk).
He then explains the average length of stay:
“The average length of stay of Covid patients is 3-5 days. Much lower then the patients being seen in April and early May. Their symptoms are also midler. Most of these patients are not ending up in the ICU. The hospital ICU’s are filled with really sick people with non-coved issues. They didn’t come in earlier because they were scared and now they are super sick. From multiple sources at different hospitals – they have plenty of capacity and no shortage of acute care beds.
He then explains that discharge planners are being “pressured to put COVID as the primary diagnosis” because “that pays significantly better.”
Lastly, he explained that during the month of April people were really scared and that patients waited a lot longer than they should have to come to the hospital. The executive of Complete Care said that he feels what happening now is really a positive story.
Here’s the complete thread published by Berenson…