Perspectives; Thoughts; Comments; Opinions; Discussions

Reported By V. Saxena | October 26, 2017 at 12:56pm

URL of the original posting site: https://www.westernjournalism.com/former-fox-news-host-bill-oreilly-negotiating-air-return-report/?

Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is in the midst of negotiations with the Sinclair Broadcast Group, one of the nation’s largest television station operators, for his own syndicated show on its litany of local channels.

Sources confirmed with NBC News this week that O’Reilly is “about midway” through negotiations and that Sinclair has been considering placing him on its local stations, which include Los Angeles’ KTLA, Chicago’s WGN and Philadelphia’s WPHL, among many others.

“What you are going to see is a syndicated show, not a news channel,” one source said. “I know they’ve been talking about doing something in syndication and something that could air on WGN.”

Were the deal to go through, O’Reilly could reportedly wind up with a two-hour show that would begin daily at either 6:00 or 7:00 pm.

They want to do something anti-CNN, anti-MSNBC,” the source added, suggesting Sinclair is seeking to acquire a more prominent voice in the commentary business.

Sinclair has previously been widely criticized by mainstream media outlets for its supposed conservative bent.

“People who tune into Sinclair stations for local news often end up getting some conservative commentary in the mix as well,” according to a Vox article.

“The broadcaster has a history of airing right-leaning segments critical of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama,” Vox continued.

However, like many other mainstream outlets, Vox has itself repeatedly been accused of liberal bias due to the stories it selects and how it words them.

The news regarding O’Reilly’s potential show with Sinclair comes amid recent reports from mainstream media outlets hammering O’Reilly’s former employer, Fox News, for not terminating him from the network earlier over allegations of sexual harassment.

“Last January, six months after Fox News ousted its chairman amid a sexual harassment scandal, the network’s top-rated host at the time, Bill O’Reilly, struck a $32 million  agreement with a longtime network analyst to settle new sexual harassment allegations, according to two people briefed on the matter,” The New York Times reported.

O’Reilly continues to maintain the sexual harassment allegations against him are baseless and that he only settled them to spare his family pain.

“This was hit job, a political and financial hit job,” he said this week on NBC’s “Today,” as reported by Reuters.

“My conscience is clear, what I have done is organize a legal team to get the truth to the American people,” he added.

“Nobody’s a perfect person, but I can go to sleep at night very well knowing that I never mistreated anyone on my watch in 42 years.”

He likewise published an affidavit from one of his accusers in which she retracted her allegations and swore under oath that the two had “resolved all of our issues.”

"Thank You" for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your time and input.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: